Why I love Alessia Cara's ''Here''

I am not really a fan of parties. I much rather spend my evenings/nights with a few good friends while listening to soft music and talking a...

I am not really a fan of parties. I much rather spend my evenings/nights with a few good friends while listening to soft music and talking about anything and everything than being at a party with people I don't really know. I always thought I was the only one. Of course I knew there are more people in this world who don't like partying so much, but I felt like I was the only one. Thanks to Alessia Cara's amazing song called ''Here'', I know better now. This song is kind of the introvert athemn; a song that speaks my mind.

Alessia Cara

''Excuse me if I seem a little unimpressed with this
An anti-social pessimist, but usually I don't mess with this
And I know you mean only the best and
your intentions aren't to bother me'' 

People who don't like partying/being around lots of people often get considered anti-social or even pessimistic, but really, we are not. Chances are we are just introverted people. And I wrote an article about introverted people previously, in which I explained that introverts actually can be really social and why we are basically awesome. Go read it here, if you're interested. 

''Oh god, why am I here.'' Not exactly my thought when I am at some party, but close enough. I can't act like I am having fun when I am not. I'm not outgoing and I won't sing along and dance with you, even if everyone is. Not until I feel comfortable enough with you or have had a bit too much of Tequilla - they don't call it liquid confidence for nothing. 

''But honestly I'd rather be
somewhere with my people we can kick it and just listen
to some music with the message (like we usually do)
and we'll discuss our big dreams
How we plan to take over the planet
So pardon my manners, I hope you'll understand that 

I'll be here''

Yessss. For me this is the perfect scenario of a good time. I have always felt the pressure to go out and like partying, because I always thought everyone did. Partly thanks to this song, I don't feel like that anymore and I'm also not ashamed anymore of how I rather spend my Friday and Saturday evenings. With nice people who I know care about me, some responsible amount of alcohol, music, and many fun and (deep) conversations about nothing or everything. Just chill nights spend at my or a friend's place, or else in a cool cafe. Love it. And besides the lyrics, I also love the beat and music of/in this song. 



Q: What do you think of this song? 

You Might Also Like

1 reacties

  1. Beuatiful photo :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen