10 years

Oh, it's feels so good when you discover a new band or artist, doesn't it? It does. Via this blog post I'd like to introduce you...

Oh, it's feels so good when you discover a new band or artist, doesn't it? It does. Via this blog post I'd like to introduce you to this awesome band I recently discovered, called '10 years'. I fell in love with one of their songs right away (called Fix me) and started to listen to more of their songs soon after. In this article I will tell you something about the band (thanks to Wikipedia) and I'll share some my favorite songs from them with you.

Oh yeah, and the lead singer is kiiinda cute, don't you think? (the second guy from the left!)

10 Years is an American alternative metal band, formed in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1999. The band consists out of Jesse Hasek (lead vocals), Ryan Johnson (guitar and backing vocals) and Brian Vodinh (drums, guitar and backing vocals). The original singer of the band, who is Mike Underdown, left the band in 2001. 

immediately fell for the singer's vocals. The music the band produces reminds me a bit of Breaking Benjamin and I absolutely adore Breaking Benjamin, so the fact I like 10 years, isn't so weird. 

''Just in the way, all your fingertips touch me. They are healing. One day we'll all fall prey. Are you there, can you hear me? Are you there, can you feel me? Waking up, good morning to you my dear. I'm waking up, enduring my biggest fears of distance away.''

This is just a  piece of awesome lyrics from the song 'Waking up', from the album The Autumn Effect, which was released in 2005. You can listen to this song below, along with my other favorite songs from the band. 

Waking up 

Fix me

Wasteland

Beautiful
It's not like I can relate with these songs (except for Waking up, maybe), but I just really like the sound of it. I don't know what it is with me and (hard)rock/alternative metal/grunge/etc. music. I'll just always love this kind of music to the moon and back, no matter how much of a girly girl I am and will become (considering I used to be a little emo slash gothic rock chick...). I guess I will always stay a (bit of a) rock chick. And I like that about myself. :)

Have a good day! XOXO. 

Q: what do you think of this band? 

You Might Also Like

0 reacties